justintanwy’s designs photography
Photobucket
Monday, March 12, 2007

EXPERIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY
[Infrared Studio Photography]



*Please read this before proceeding to images*


I recently went on exploring another new level of Infrared photography. Instead of depending on natural sunlight to light my subjects up, I used studio lighting (tungsten).

This series of photos consists mainly of dead leaves and leaves that were once alive. They were shot indoors under studio lighting. My main aim of taking these photos is to explore on the effects of infrared light reflected on either dead or live organisms. Through my observations, I realized that living organisms such as green leaves and fruits are whiter than that of dead leaves.

*Although the compostition of these photos still need to be improved, I felt that it is not bad for first attempt at something new. I should be working more on this during my free time. =)